Oct 25, 2009

A visit to hometown

Being the proud owner of a blog comes with a lot of responsibilities. I started full steam, with eight posts in August, and then managed only one in September and full stop in October.

There are so many things to write about, but I feel my mind is preoccupied and I just want to sit in a corner and think. Thinking and dreaming is all that I have done in last two months, in addition to visiting Delhi. I travelled in a train, something which I love to do, twice. But both the times, there were noisy kids in my compartment and they kept howling and crying. So the peace and serenity that I usually cherish in a train journey, was converted into complete chaos and racket.

Weather in Delhi was also not very kind to me. All through my stay, it was extremely hot and humid. I had to go around meeting my friends & family and also go shopping in that bad weather. And to add insult to the injury, it started raining heavily, the moment I boarded the train for my journey back to Mumbai.

The only respite was travelling in the Delhi metro. It's a real boon to the city. The capital may not have an uninterrupted power supply to boast of yet, but metro has taken the travelling experience within the city to international standards. The stations are clean; the trains are cool and comfortable. Surprisingly people behave in a civil manner and so far there has been no vandalism. I wish that we have a metro running in Mumbai soon. Journey in Local trains here can only be compared to transportation of livestock.

Whenever I visit Delhi, the experience is full of nostalgia, peace, excitement and energy. This time around, I guess my timing was wrong, coz even though I met my family and friends; I could not take pleasure in my stay to the fullest, whereas in the past I have always enjoyed my romance with the capital city.

5 Comments:

Khamir Purohit said...

Good...u back on the blog scene!
Btw u could be reprimanded for your "livestock" comment :) just like a certain minister for his "cattle class" comment

Unknown said...

Sounds a bit disgruntled with things around......nway...hope to hear more from you in bloggers' park :-)

Supratim's Blog said...

Hey Richie Rich... Good to find you writing again....

Metro is definitely a "Blessing in Disguise" for Delhi. However, we Calcuttians still remain the ones to start this concept in our Country :-)

I guess I am just Biased.... Lol!!

Unknown said...

I never knew you had an observant mind behind that baby face and the linguistic ability to express it. Kudos, well written pieces.

Kusum Rohra said...

oh ho simple solution hai mere pass, everytime you think or dream come and pen it here. And not to think too much kudiye you are too young, leave that kind of boring task to us boring old women :)