Aug 16, 2009

"wassup" !!!

There are quite a few random questions which I always fail to answer. People may call these questions a way to initiate conversation, precisely small talk. But I mostly find it difficult to respond to these and always seem to be at a loss for words. There can never be a simple straightforward response to these inquiries. And I am sure that the enquirer would mostly be disappointed with the reply. Some of these I am listing below :

1. Whats up ? What's new? How's life ? .... Gosh! you can't summarize your life in few sentences for the benefit of the questioner.

2. What kind of music you like ?.... Now in my case there is no fixed answer, there can never be, cause it depends on mood, state of mind blah blah blah..

3. What kind of books you read? .... Anything that I can borrow from friends and colleagues.

4. What are your hobbies?.... Now this one takes the cake, cause I never pursued any hobby and this question reminds me that I haven't done anything worthwhile with my leisure time till date...

Don't get me wrong, I love everyone who ask these question. Sometimes I too ask these. But I would really like to find some innovative ones to make the conversations more interesting. And till then if ever I am caught asking the same old questions.... kindly ignore..

0 Comments: