Aug 8, 2009

Woes of a single woman


Few days back a friend informed me via sms "I am hooked". So officially I lost one more good friend (I have very few) .The speed with which my friends are getting booked and hooked.. I guess I will have to give a ad "Looking for a friend" . I am always afraid when any of my friend gets engaged... don't get me wrong I am not jealous .. but I always feel that things between us will change forever. There will be no stopping.. first a husband will enter our lives... followed by 1-2 kids... and that's it... before you know your discussions will be centered on the husband and there will be kids howling and crying in the background.

Earlier I was part of a large group of unmarried people(cousins and friends) and I could always get lost in the crowd. But now that people are getting married so frequently the population on this side is thinning and I am exposed to the elders in the family. Most irritating part is that its not only your family but all the aunts, neighbors, and even the people on the street you sometimes bump into who are keen to know why you are still single. I have to constantly keep a guard on their attempts to get hold of me. Its a difficult task, but I am managing somehow. But God knows for how long.. soon I will be hooked and cooked for life :(

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

Nice topic to discuss on. I being the youngest of the lot have an advantage of being left along (in the case of getting married). And by the rate my cousins are tying knots, I think sooner or later my turn will come. And by the way dear Elizabeth, my elder brother is in the queue & then it’s you, so I think I should not take tensions of being hooked, cooked or booked…. ;)

Kusum Rohra said...

Don't worry you will join the hooked and booked gang too ;)

Let me tell you what will happen then

1.You and your friends will discuss your respective In-laws.

2.You and your friends will go shopping for your Kids.

So don't worry hooked and booked ke baad bhi friends rahenge :)

Unknown said...

Dont worry......
you can join the hooked and cooked any time.

Sheron


Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step